Thursday 10 February 2011

happy new year

my first blog of 2011, both lunar and gregorian calendars. so whats new this year? not much advancement in the plot of my life, until NOW!

for the past few weeks or so ive been in contact with my uncle in shanghai who works in advertising. he hooked me up with TBWA, a massive advertising agency with an office in hong kong. earlier this week i had my first interview, it was... average. while waiting around i had thought of so many good lines, so many interesting questions. then when the time came to say them, they magically slipped from my mind. whats more is i thought of even more good things to say after i already left. well no point in dwelling, i'll just have to take it as a lesson learned.

though im only being considered as an intern right now, i see it differently. im not like the usual intern that comes and goes over summer break. i'll take the time to learn the industry, then once the program is done i hope to stick around and apply full time employment with them.

if all goes well then i finally get to work in hong kong. FINALLY. if not, then... i still have my university applications to look forward to. maybe i'll end up being accepted by both and i can work full time while studying part time. it would be a pretty hectic schedule to keep up, but its what i need to do to make up for all the lost time wasted through previous ignorence and laziness.

GO MIKE

edit: i realize that im moving away from interesting blog posts to stories of my life. i'll write something less about me and more about whatever else is interesting in the next post. PROMISE.